Wednesday, September 11, 2002

stuff before work

Nikki was busy editing stuff last night, so I had to wait for my turn with the computer. And, as occasionally happens, I wrote and finished a new story while taking a break from working on something else. I promise to share it here sometime. It's called "Ang Dalaga At Ang Bu'aia (The Maiden & The Crocodile)" and it's for the little thing I'm putting together with friends (yes, it has to do with writing, of course).
*
I've been rereading Alan Moore's "Supreme" issues (since I got all excited about the trade versions coming out towards the end of this year) and boy, this story is sweet. I enjoyed his partially completed stint on this title (he got to complete "Story of the Year") more than the most of his ABC titles or the meticulous drudgery that is "From Hell".
*
I also read through the poetry I enjoyed in the past couple of years and this really stood out (I was planning to type the entire thing, but its long and not mine and I couldn't find the text on the net). Here's the first stanza...

Instructions
by Neil Gaiman


Touch the wooden gate in the wall you never saw before,
Say “please” before you open the latch,
go through,
walk down the path.
A red imp hangs from the green-painted front door,
as a knocker,
do not touch it; it will bite your fingers.
Walk through the house. Take nothing. Eat nothing.
However,
if any creature tells you that it hungers,
feed it.
If it tells you that it is dirty,
clean it.
If it cries to you that it hurts,
if you can,
ease its pain.

*
I'm mentally preparing myself for my meeting at the Manila Pen this afternoon. I'll tell you about what happens after it happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home