Thursday, December 05, 2002

weekend wonder

Because of the Eid'l Fitr holiday, we have a long weekend ahead. Time enough to get some rest (been fighting off malaise and general ill feeling for the past few days), read, do Christmas shopping, maybe some writing.

When I was younger and a three-day stretch appeared on the calendar, I remember being able to do a lot more things. I wouldn't mind driving around looking for old comics or going around new bars.

But now, all I want to do is stay home with Nikki and Sage.

A friend called it "nesting", but really, it's just that I wouldn't want to be anywhere else except with them (this does not negate dinner out though!). With a weekend, I can play and stay with Sage during the daytime, which I can't do during weekdays. She's growing up fast and has introduced new vowels and sounds to her repertoire. Just yesterday, she and Nikki surprised me at the entrance of the condo - and seeing my daughter's face light up dispelled the tiredness

Everyday, something big or small happens, as she stands, crawls, laughs, cries or tries to answer the phone.

I don't want to miss a thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home