Thursday, February 13, 2003

eyeing the president

I'm in coat and tie. In a couple of hours, I go off to see the Lady President make a speech. Then of course I'll applaud with the rest of the well-dressed crowd (the heads of technology companies and their various floating initials) and mingle.

What strikes me as odd is that this will be the first time I'll see our country's leader in person, complete with her Nora Aunor-mole and diminutive stature. I recall being elsewhere during the so-called "revolution" that brought her to power - I has hardpressed by my British and Chinese counterparts to explain how the process could be democratic as opposed to an ochlocracy over the morning's first shot of liquor. And I remember hating the process but desperately wanting the results, because the incumbent womanizer was just too much a burden for our country to bear.

So what did this intelligent woman do?

It depends on whom you ask. In the final scheme of things though, it seems to be less than what was promised, leaving us to manage our own expectations.

So I see her in a while.

Frankly, I'm more interested to see what they'll feed us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home