Thursday, April 17, 2003

film fun

Just saw the trailer of Chow Yun Fat's new film, Bulletproof Monk. (The curious thing about this thing is that the pirated DVD has been available in Quiapo for a couple of months.)

While it seems to be nowhere like Crouching Tiger or even Hero, it looks like fun.

Hmmm. Must get preview tickets from Cams.

Meanwhile, I got the chance to view some of the DVD goodies I hoarded.

The new version of Cinema Paradiso was incredible. It is just amazing to see how much the film has to offer. I found myself mesmerized all over again.

The DVD of Y Tu Mama Tambien was also great, and I really liked all the add-ons. It's really hard to believe that the Philippines cannot produce anything of this caliber, given the all the similarities of our cultural and economic conditions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home