Thursday, April 10, 2003

roseola infantum

So we went to the doctor and true enough I had to restrain myself from dropkicking the other kids so Sage can be first (as a parent, you always want your child to have priority because, well, it could be serious, you know).

As soon as we stepped in and the doctor got a good look at Sage (who, by the way, seems to be the only child she calls by her first name - everyone is their surname) she said "Roseola", and smiled. That's when we knew it wasn't the end of the world.

Apparently, Roseola is a exanthem that occurs whether you like it or not. It is a harmless disease that just needs to run its course, anywhere from seven hours to a couple of weeks. Sage exhibited all of the symptoms and we were assured that the worst had passed (there was a chance that this so-called "harmless disease" could trigger febrile convulsions).

There is no cure, no treatment, but rather patience and making the little girl as comfortable as possible.

All of which were a great relief to my mind, because, as usual because of my vivid imagination plus my scenario-building capacity plus my deep fear of mysterious illnesses, I had expected a bad thing.

This means that she'll be okay in a few days.

Janga janga.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home