Friday, June 27, 2003

reading material

To my delight, I was able to score a copy of a "new" Alan Moore TPB. This one collects eleven of his early works for DC Comics, which includes "For The Man Who Has Everything" and other goodies. Perhaps the next one (and there will be a next one as everyone does the homage thing) will contain "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?".

Other reads: Batman/Planetary, Runaways, Legion and Hellboy. Not bad, not bad at all.


my bags are packed

And I'm ready to go. I just have to lug my computer and set it up again. I won't have my usual unlimited internet access at the new office though. Until things get stable, I'll be using the pay model for internet access.

It's just amazing how much a company (or a person) accumulates in a couple of years. Lots of things triggered lots of memories and for a moment I felt the threat of maudlin feelings.

But really, one cannot keep everything. When you reassess and go back to the basics, you need to strip naked and see exactly what you need to have to do what you need to do.

And then put some clothes on, you perv.


the last supper

Marc and I are taking the staff out to a nice place for our final meal together.

We've been blessed with a great crew and everyone will be sorely missed.

My hope, of course, is that the new business takes off and we can hire everyone back. I really hate laying people off. It devasted me in HK and it hurt me here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home