Thursday, July 17, 2003

not very bright-eyed and bushy-tailed

When you have to get up at 5:30 for a photo shoot that lasts until just past 12 noon, you'd understand a bit about my sluggish feeling.

After that, I went to the DTI only to find out, that despite what I initially saw when I first made inquiries there, getting a permit number is a living hell. For one thing, there were a gazillion people there with their own agenda, all waiting for their turn. Some had been there since early morning. It was impossible for me to get anything approved despite the fact that I waited on the off chance that I'd get a slot. Feh.

So this is the plan: Tomorrow, I'll get up at the crack of dawn and be the first in line. I don't care if I have to bring my own breakfast and reading material. The only thing that truly sucks is the fact that, naturally, the entire building is a no-smoking zone. Double feh.

I just hope I can get the entire promo approved in time for printing.


mirrors

After lights, the next thing I loathe about photo shoots are locations with lots of mirrors.

Mirrors wreak havoc with everything - blocking, framing and lighting (again). Today I finally composed a great shot, having motivated my talents to smile like their lives depended on it while carrying trays piled high with art-directed food. The lights were great, nice and leveled, and we took the shot - only to see on the Mac that one of the mirrors caught another mirror reflecting someone in the kitchen.

There really nothing more to do than be cautious and aware of what's where. That and having a lot of tape - masking, electrical, double adhesive and the regular clear kind.


sleep

That's it. I'm falling asleep even as I write this and its only 6PM.

Early dinner and off to Dreamland.

Apologies to my unsavory pirates and scallawags at Tropico 2. Not tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home