Monday, December 08, 2003

climbing the binary tree

Jason pioneered Binary Tree Poetry. I played around a bit with his form one night at UCC Cafe in an attempt to understand the structure. I got it and it remained in my head. So when Nikki told me about her near-death experience with a coconut...


coconut

when coconuts fall cock your ears
only the foolish play deaf when coconuts fall
cock your ears when nature talks

when coconuts fall only the foolish play deaf
the message is for you when coconuts fall
only the foolish play deaf don't forget she's a mother

cock your ears this is no whispered conversation
listen if you care to live cock your ears
when nature talks she's about to lose it

the message is for you:
don't forget she's a mother
listen if you care to live
she's about to lose it

I know, I know, but while the thought of my wife being struck by a coconut as she walks is absurd, thinking about Nikki led to me to thinking about...other things.

tutorial

my skin waits mark my boundaries
leave your initials on my waiting skin
mark my boundaries with your quivering tongue

my skin waits leave your initials
be crude and wound my waiting skin
leave your initials and forget tenderness

mark my boundaries show me where I end
a kiss is not enough to mark my boundaries
with your quivering tongue teach me desire

be crude and wound me
and forget tenderness
a kiss is not enough to
teach me desire

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home