Monday, March 15, 2004

be prepared

What I was told to be an intimate one-on-one with a large potential client over lunch suddenly became a tour de force presentation in front of their president, VPs for various departments, SBU and marketing heads.

It's a good thing I'm not afraid of crowds and am not intimidated by power suits.

But still.

It would have been better if I had known - I would have dressed up and read up on today's paper. It went swimmingly well though, because my philosophy is this: at the end of the day, all those powerful people seated in front of you are human too, and a sense of humor plus being to think quickly on your feet will almost always save the day.

That, and a wide vocabulary.

And a newly-shaved head (to give off that creative artist/scary businessman dichotomy).



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home