Wednesday, April 28, 2004

pinoy literature

Thanks to Manuel Viloria for adding me to PinoyLit: A Philippine Literature Page (and to Nikki for lovingly albeit sneakily going behind my back).

"PinoyLit provides information on Filipino writers, and illustrators, their lives and their work. You can also find a few Philippine short stories, novels, essays, children's literature, myths, legends, folk tales and folklore."

It's a great list and quite an honor to be added.

While looking through the Big Names of Philippine Letters (Gemino Abad, Cesar Aquino, Cirilo Bautista, Greg Brillantes, Carlos Bulosan, Butch Dalisay, Kryp Yuson), I was struck by the lack of more writers of my generation (but was happy to see buddy Luis Katigbak in the list). I believe a lot of strong writing is being done by younger people (and of course all the living masters still continue to amaze us) so it would be wonderful to see creatives like Vince Groyon, Cyan Abad-Jugo, Ruel de Vera, Honoel Ibardolaza and Sarge Lacuesta added.

Wow. This made my film-treatment-stress less horrible today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home