Tuesday, August 17, 2004

riverbanks

After attending a wake, I found myself in Riverbanks, that mall owned by traffic czar Bayani Fernando (whom I've always felt to be a bully of sorts - and guess what, majority of mayors agree with me).

The reason I insisted on going there was to check out Billy the Pirate's competition. True enough, the DVDs were P10 lower than my suki price at Greenhills, but the selections were not stellar. I did manage to find 3 films I wanted to see:

Osama (2003) - Directed by Siddiq Barmak, Osama is the story of a 12-year old girl and the Taliban. It was the Golden Globe for Best Foreign Film in 2004.

Azumi (2003) - Directed by Ryuhei Kitamura and set in Tokugawa Japan, this film follows the life of an assassin girl.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) - Michel Gondry directs Jim Carrey in what seems to be the performance of his life, in a tale about erasure.

Now to get some viewing time in.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home