Friday, October 22, 2004

salamanca

I've decided to join the National Novel Blogging Month (NaNoBloMo) this coming November.

If I understand it correctly, the goal is to write a novel of at least 50,000 by the end of November. I really don't know if I can do this - I've always felt daunted by the sheer length of the novel's form - but we'll see.

I'm not exactly sure what it will be about, though I'm toying with the idea of using The Middle Prince as a prologue and jumping off point. If that's the case, then it will be a magical novel about identity and funkiness - I'll start thinking at the end of this month so as not to cheat. The working title is Salamanca.

See how I do and be merciless - the novel will be posted daily (I hope) over at Salamanca for November.

It all depends on discipline, really. That, and a whole lot of ciggies.

If you want to join it (or rejoin, the case of the young turks in the gang), just do the following:

1. Register over at National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)
2. Make a blog for your novel over at Blogger.
3. Get yourself listed at NaNoBloMo.

For more info, check out Blogger Knowledge.

I'm actually excited and quite...distraught by this thing.

Whee...?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home