Friday, December 09, 2005

food for thought

One of my stories, "Sábados con Fray Villalobos (Saturdays with Fray Villalobos)", will be appearing in an anthology of food-themed fiction edited by Cecilia Brainard and Marily Orosa slated for publication in late first/early second quarter next year.

This is a reworked and expanded version of one of my longer and darker stories, set during the Spanish domination of the Philippines. I explored the interlinkage between faith, food and friendship, and of course, I have a little magic in the mix. My main characters are a pair of Spanish priests who seek the salvation of the indios' souls, but I throw in a lot of recipes too. It's an odd thing, but I loved writing it.

Details to follow as the publication date nears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home