Wednesday, March 15, 2006

on my nightstand

Given the fact that I've not finished reading through my Florida loot, I really shouldn't be getting more books. But the compulsive bookbuyer in me always, always wins. Here are the ones I'm going to plough through (excluding all the comic book trades that I no longer bother to list):



Noisy Outlaws, Unfriendly Blobs, and Some Other Things . . . : That Aren't as Scary, Maybe, Depending on How You Feel About Lost Lands, Stray Cellphones, ... Quite Finish, So Maybe You Could Help Us Out edited by Ted Thompson

Any anthology with a new story by Kelly Link is a must-read.

Parallel Worlds : A Journey Through Creation, Higher Dimensions, and the Future of the Cosmos by Michio Kaku

I love books like this one, dealing with string theory and new physics.



Little Kingdoms by Steven Millhauser

Once in a while, I pick up a collection of stories by an author I'm not familiar with. So this could be hit or miss. We'll see.


The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana by Umberto Eco

Whoooo!



Shalimar the Clown : A Novel by Salman Rushdie

Nikki's favorite author is within my Top Ten faves as well (I especially love The Moor's Last Sigh). This looks nice and juicy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home