Friday, October 06, 2006

book notes

I'm not 100% sure, but it seems Anvil is picking up my collection of short fiction for publication next year. We'll see how this goes. I'm resisting the urge to ask for all my stories back so I once again edit and perhaps rewrite them.

This got me thinking about my plays. Maybe next year or the year after.

In the meantime, I'm working on PSFv2. I've booked a launch venue (to be announced when everything is finalized), I've opened up an avenue for increased funding (hopefully enough to add a story or two to the book), and I'll be working on the distribution scheme next week - while coordinating with the authors and editing.

In the wee hours of this morning, a new core idea for the next novel crystallized in my groggy head, rendering most of my preliminary work on the book moot. Susan Lara once told me "No plot, no novel", and at that time I wasn't sure if I agreed 100% with her. There are odd days when I'm snooty and look down at plot in favor of a character-driven narrative, but even if i condense all my knowledge and postmodernist claptrap together, I cannot envision myself writing a plotless novel. At the very least I need even a smidgen of a plot. Haha, I just realized how I digressed in the span of one paragraph but what the hell. More on this derailed train of thought soon (it's something about how an idea is not a plot or somesuch).

My mind is tired. Rest muna ako.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home