Thursday, March 22, 2007

business stuff

I'm quite excited about our franchise in Binalot (the link is a video capture of a news feature on the chain, with its founder Rommel Juan). I love Filipino food and am a big fan of the place, so it makes sense. In the coming weeks, I'll have to go to 'school' to learn the ins and outs of running the franchise, which includes actual time at a store, prepping food and manning the counter.

On the Petty Pets front, I'm looking to secure a source for Netherland Dwarf Rabbits - because, well, they're simply adorable and the kids love them. Product mix is also heavy on my mind as we prepare to open a new branch soon. With the larger space, we can have other animals and sundry that we don't carry at our store at SM Megamall. I'm thinking more fish and birds (there are a kajillion types of African lovebirds, eyerings, finches and cockatiels, for instance). But still no dogs or cats, sorry (besides, a pet store is not where you should go if you want a dog - find a reputable breeder instead).

As the reluctant businessman (really, I never imagined I had it in me, thinking myself more of the writer/creative type), I enjoy learning by talking to other businessmen. I'm consistently intrigued by the business of running a business. I'm not one to read business books (I think they're more 'rah-rah inspirational' than truly helpful in a concrete way), preferring a more hands on/entrepreneurial approach. Recently though, because of the fact that I'm one of the judges for several categories of the 2007 Philippine Blog Awards, I read through a slew of blogs - which happily included excellent business blogs. Perhaps because of their need to be concise and their deliberately focused content, these blogs are among the best written I've read. Professional, educational, and very readable.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home