Thursday, June 28, 2007

critiquing mcferrin

Sage, Nikki and I were in bed, just lounging around and listening to the tunes pumped out by my iPod via the new speakers my girls got me for Father's Day.

After a soulstirring singalong with Chantal Kreviazuk (my daughter and I love "These Days"), Bobby McFerrin started singing 1989's Song of Year "Don't Worry, Be Happy".

It was the first time Sage heard the song and she sat up, listening intently, with a strange expression on her face.

Don't Worry, Be Happy
Don't Worry, Be Happy
Don't Worry, Be Happy

After the second verse and the second chorus, she stood up on the bed and shouted:

SAGE: Enough! I'm not worried! I have other feelings too!

And that, my friends, is what my 5 year-old thinks about mindless optimism.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home