Monday, September 17, 2007

psf3 - the deadline rush

The influx of deadline-beating/straddling story submissions for Philippine Speculative Fiction v3 was stunning. I did not expect more than 10 or so to trickle in at the last moment, but instead was greeted by almost 50 stories when I checked my mailbox very early on Sunday morning. These stories arrived between Friday midnight and Saturday midnight.

I am moved by support of all who submitted, writers whose explorations into the fantastic they've opted to share - and I am glad I have a co-editor this time, as the happy time of reading and shifting and selecting begins. Thank you very much to every one who sent in a story. Rest assured that your submission will be read by Nikki and myself and then discussed and deliberated upon. Expect our TOC around the end of the month or early October.

This year, I'm aiming for a thicker book, budget-permitting, which means more stories than the two previous volumes (the secret dream is to be a thick as those phonebook-sized US anthos!).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home