Thursday, November 29, 2007

sage's first 'must have' cd

Last Sunday at the bookstore, Vin and Charles tell me that Sage has her first must-have CD. It turns out that while perusing the selections, Sage stumbled across the listening earphones and plugged in to Natalie Imbruglia's Glorious: The Singles 1997-2007. She was mesmerized by the singles "Glorious" and "Torn" and "That Day" and shooed away another girl who dared to look at the CD.

Before we left the store, she asked me if she could have the CD to listen to. I realized then that this was the first real music CD she had ever asked for (not counting the soundtracks of various Disney & High School Musical films that I bought both for her and me - the HSM videoke album is my fault, completely).

She had no "music" of her own, outside of songs learned in school, listening to whatever I blasted out of the iPod (hence her love for the Rolling Stones's "Satisfaction") - this was the first music she decided on her own (I hadn't heard "Glorious" though I do love "Torn").

So of course I got it for her. Her joy was doubled when we found out that the CD came with a DVD full of videos.

And now I need to borrow her CD so I can rip it for my iPod.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home