Wednesday, March 12, 2008

one more day

I flushed and irrigated the pained eye and woke up intermittently througout the night because of discomfort. I imagined what life would be like as a pirate.

The sad thing is that this affected eye is my good right eye. My left is eye is screwed up (astigmatic, nearsighted). So if something happens, I'm practically blind.

Today, the pain is almost gone, kind of like just a phantom twinge. I haven't gone to the opthalmologist yet, frankly, because of several reasons:

1. fear
2. cost
3. fear
4. time schedule
5. fear

Part of me doesn't want to know if there is a corneal tear and if I'll need a procedure. But of course, I'll do it if I have to. I've come to a compromise with myself: to wait one more day in the hope that everything goes away.

Stupid, I know, but that's how it is.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home