Tuesday, August 26, 2008

fiction - new and upcoming

I have a few new stories out and upcoming.

"The Many Loves of Ramil Alonzo" appears in the latest issue of the Philippines Free Press (Aug 23,2008). While definitely not a poet, I wanted to try writing a story that had poetry in it, and experimented with a few forms. The story is about a man and his menagerie of monstrous lovers.

"I, D.I." appears in October in an antho edited by Erlinda Panlilio and published by Anvil Publishing entitled "Belonging: Stories of Relationships". It's a non-fiction extravaganza with contributions from Edith Tiempo, Rowena Torrevillas, Joi Barrios, Sarge Lacuesta, Ricardo de Ungria, Krip Yuson, and a lot more. My CNF (creative non-fiction) piece is about a dance instructor whose oscillations go beyond the ballroom. Writing it was quite an experience for me, and I deployed fiction techniques to get the story done.

I have a story in "Exotic Gothic 2" edited by Danel Olson, to be published later this year by Ash-Tree Press. Danel, who selected stories from seven continents, provides the links to the table of contents as well as his preface. Here are some advance reviews.

Fingers crossed for a few other submissions out in various markets.

Writing is a bit slow these days, but with an unexpected letter from Night Shade Books, I'm more jazzed up to work on the novels I want to finish.

But, but, but, there is still Philippine Speculative Fiction 4 to get done - so send in your best stories!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home