Tuesday, October 07, 2008

belonging & bewildering

belonging

Everyone is invited to the launch of Belonging: Stories of Relationships, edited by Erlinda Enriquez Panlilio (Anvil Publishing) on October 29, 2008, 6PM, at Powerbooks, Greenbelt 4, Makati . It's a book of primarily creative non-fiction (which is scarily new to me, but I gave it my best shot LOL).

Here's the TOC:

Care of Light by Gemino H. Abad
Suddenly My Brothers’ Keeper by Myrna Almario Adriano
I, D.I. by Dean Francis Alfar
A Non-CautionaryTale of an Internet Romance by Joi Barrios
To Live and To Love with Lesbian Pride by Libay LInsangan Cantor
Sapay Koma by Jhoanna Cruz
A Marriage of Equals by Rina Jimenez David
A Lost Childhood by Simeon Dumdum, Jr.
A Bond Like No Other by Monina Enage & Rica E.Villalon
Mother of the Dog by Alya B. Honasan
Letter from the Old Man by Sarge Lacuesta
Sisters in Christ by Sr. Mary John Mananzan
The Grandparents I Knew & Loved by Ed Maranan
Gemini Twins by Maria Cristina D. Olbes
Not All Stepmothers Are Created Equal by Marily Ysip Orosa
Pindang by Erlinda Enriquez Panlilio
Love and All That Chuvaness by Danton Remoto
No Questions Asked by Michael L. Tan
That Extra Something by Edith L. Tiempo
My Parents’ Child: The Family Writing Business by Rowena T. Torrevillas
Destiny in a Wall of Tiles by Xin Mei
The Godfather as Caring Proxy by Alfred A. Yuson
Amp by Ricardo M. de Ungria



bewildering

Got a happy note from Donn Webb, the Managing Editor of Bewildering Stories. One of my stories, reprinted there, "The Maiden and the Crocodile", made their selection list for this year's third quarterly review. Thanks, Donn - that made my day!

Two other stories made the list in previous years: "The Middle Prince" in 2006, and "Into the Morning" in 2007.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home