Tuesday, March 24, 2009

the middle prince


Carl Zeno Manalo, an extremely talented young artist, illustrated my story, "The Middle Prince". His watercolors are just beautiful, capturing the flavor of the tale very well (and remind me of Carlo Vergara's artwork for "Ruin" - which I think we should republish soon). For that matter, now I'm thinking of releasing "Middle Prince" as a digital chapbook
Here are some of Carl's pieces:



Seeing these has gotten me even more excited about my upcoming illustrated children's book from Lampara. I wrote "How Rosang Taba Won A Race" in a burst several years ago - and read it to Sage (who liked it) and plan to read it to Rowan (and this time, as a real book). My editor, Augie Rivera, is keeping absolutely mum about who the artist is, so the anticipation is quite delicious.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home