Monday, December 07, 2009

the abyss that is pet society..

...is what has swallowed my writing time. Yup, I'm blaming Facebook for not blogging haha.

But not all of my time is spent at the trading forums looking for new furniture for my pet - I'm actually working on a couple of stories for the new collection (he says, defensively).

On the publishing front, I have a number of stories available in anthologies:

I have 3 stories in Growing Up Filipino II, edited by Cecilia Brainard (Palh). I'm delighted with the hardcover. I'm particularly happy with "Something Like That", based on a sad news report of a girl who burned to death in her bathroom.

"L'Aquilone" appears in The Apex Book of World SF, edited by Lavie Tidhar (Apex). The response of readers and reviewers is heartwarming.

I have "Brujita", in Exotic Gothic 3, edited by Danel Olson (Ash-Tree Press), just hot off the presses. It's my version of a trad ghost story, with a little politics. In a sad note, fellow contributor Milorad Pavić passed away before the antho's release.

And "Ghosts of Wan Chai" appears in Connecting Flights, edited by Ruey de Vera (Anvil). I tried a couple of different techniques here, focusing on mood and place. The book launch is this Wednesday, National Bookstore Greenbelt at 6PM.

14 Comments:

Blogger Zarah C. Gagatiga said...

what happened to the old layout?

4:32 PM  
Blogger Dean said...

All my old pictures and wallpapers and links either expired or i lost the passwords and stuff. We're back to the serene basics...

7:56 AM  
Blogger Ian Rosales Casocot said...

i'm blaming facebook, too.

:)

i miss blogging, though.

why did we stop blogging?

12:31 PM  
Blogger Zarah C. Gagatiga said...

oh my! your blog's content is great and the writing, as always, is brilliant. sayang.

no way to retrieve them?

6:18 PM  
Blogger Dean said...

@ian - with the status box of facebook, we learned to microblog - which, for some, can almost be like a form of poetry: mundane, truncated, accessible. Too many opportunities to speak about fragments in a day, unlike our blog compositions which require more diligence and discipline.

I miss blogging too.

@zarah - nope. but starting from scratch is interesting. you know me, when I put my mind to something I can get it done (most of the time haha).

9:31 PM  
Blogger banzai cat said...

Yay! Welcome back! :-)

12:31 AM  
Blogger Charles said...

As Dean would say in writing, [blogging] is a skill, it needs to be practiced. =)

10:10 AM  
Blogger bing said...

so you are in FB, too! ha ha hope you are not as addicted as everyone is.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Isai Martinez said...

Good day Mr.Dean Alfar, I'm from UST and my blockmates and I are interested in performing one of your one-act plays for our Literature project. May I ask how and where we can get the script for "Kite of Stars" and "Loving Toto"? Thanks a lot! I can be reached through e-mail: xai.martinez@gmail.com

3:22 PM  
Blogger ADMIN said...

I like the valuable info you provide in your articles.
I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly.
I am quite certain I’ll learn plenty of new stuff right here!
Best of luck for the next!
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/thuoc-cuong-duong-nam-gioi-tot-nhat-hien-nay-suckhoetinhyeu-info/

11:13 AM  
Blogger saif ali said...

this is very nice blog keep it up also check house of fun free coins no survey

5:34 PM  
Blogger saif ali said...

this is great blog and your content is amazing also check slotomania free coins links

5:49 PM  
Blogger the sims 4 trait cheats said...

Great thing. Awesome details you have discussed also check this https://bingoblitzcredits.com/

5:40 PM  
Blogger John said...

The game never plays the very same way twice, in light of the fact that each sims has their very own inspirations, and there's no real way to tell how things will wind up playing out. https://sims4relationshipcheat.com/

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home