Monday, April 21, 2003

notarize me

Visited four law offices today before I finally found one that would notarize the documents I needed. The irksome thing is cost of service (why, along Buendia I could have gotten it for 1/6th the charge) but then again these people do have to pay rent for their snazzy offices.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Alfar," one of the receptionists said. "All of our lawyers are in court."

"That's all right," I smiled. "Why don't you just sign this and put the documentary stamp."

"Oh, I can't do that, sir!"

"Why not?"

"I'm not a lawyer!"

"I'll never tell."

But she firmly rebuffed my smiling plea. Good for her.

All these documents. I open my bag and stare at the copies of my lease, the notarized checks I issued, my life insurance policy, my CTC, my income tax papers.

When did I suddenly become an old man?

Well, at least I've sent the stuff that I wanted to send. The rest is up to our charmingly fickle universe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home