Wednesday, May 07, 2003

but where is sneak peek?

I don't know exactly. I thought it would be released yesterday along with Darna #2.

I hope it gets released very soon. Or maybe it has been but not where I went.

I'm excited to see the final product in June, beyond Sneak Peek, as in the real deal with the four writers and the four artists, all women.

The top-notch writing talent is truly high caliber - consider the fact that you have authors like Cyan Abad-Juco (who, with her distinguished father, Gemino Abad, co-authored the acclaimed Father and Daughter: The Figures of Our Speech, and is a regular presence at the Palanca Awards), my wife Nikki Alfar (who has her share of published fiction, comics work, writing awards and stuff), Kristine Fonacier (whose poetry is just as engaging as her essays and feature writing), and Karen Kunawicz (whose sensibilities are finely articulated in her book, On The Verge, as well as other published articles).

It's a concept I wish I'd thought of: 4 women - single woman, single mother, married with no kids, married with child.

Except that I'd do it all in prose and throw in a good dramatist (perhaps a widow - but it doesn't really matter, it's just a conceit).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home