Tuesday, July 01, 2003

first day

My first day at the new Kestrel IMC office was like slipping into an old pair of shoes that feel odd but comfortable.

With no wireless internet service from Meridian, I was reduced to buying a number of dial-up cards from ISPs (who knew there were so many of them? How do they make money?). The connection speed was so slow it made my Destiny connection at home seem like Flash running to save the universe on his time-treadmill. Amazing the things we take for granted.

In the middle of the day, I visited my barber for my regular shave and marveled once again at the 24 year-old wife of the 60+ year-old barbershop owner. Nasty things came to mind, of course - particularly how this man's children felt given the fact that their stepmother was young enough to be one of their children.

On the whole though, I feel very fatigued. My body feels heavy and tired. I long for something like 72 hours of sleep.


nevermind

I don't remember if I've posted about this before, but anyway...

Nikki and I suffered through the abyssmal production of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere, adapted from the novel that Nikki liked very much (and which I found, well, poorly imagined and written).

The entire thing had lousy production values, looking like it was produced for, oh, 10 pesos. The acting was atrocious, the lighting and effects easily below par. It wasn't even so terrible that it was a must-see, it was just pathetic.

The disappointment comes from high expectations, given the fact that Gaiman was beside himself with delight about the series.

Feh. I'd rather watch the season ender of Dawson's Creek. Yes, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home