Monday, August 18, 2003

and there's the pitch...

I had an interesting pitch for one of the largest consumer conglomerates this morning. Of course, my regular competition was there and that made it doubly challenging.

But what made it challenging in the first place was how truly underdoggish our position was, entering in. The company that got mine to handle the design and pitching duties had done work for the conglomerate before, and well, let's just say that there were a lot of issues and memory is long.

Solution? My new patented "sotto voce" approach. A softer voice with undertones of confidence and camaraderie - something I've never done before (give me a break, my back was killing me during the pitch and it was all I could do to stop myself from groaning in pain).

Even if we do not win, I think we made significant inroads into restoring a testy relationship.

But still, it would be great if we actually landed the account.

Toes crossed and all that.


quimby, i adore thee

It's official.

I'm a big Chris Ware fan. I thought he was the bee's knees with Jimmy Corrigan, that incredibly sad book about what happens you find your lost father.

But with Quimby the Mouse, his storytelling, design sense and overall style and elan blew me away. This is a book that is lovely to read, lovely to look at, lovely to hold, lovely to keep, lovely to display. It's something you can show someone else with pride.

Excellent work in an oversized format.

Go, get it. Now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home