Friday, August 08, 2003

national book awards teaser
(well, it is awards season after all)


Yes, it's coming up at the end of the month, and amid all the categories, the one I'm paying the most attention to is Best Graphic Novel.

Because, again, it is most likely to be between friends.

Last year, Carl's One Night in Purgatory was pit against Vin Simbulan's Isaw Atbp., with the award going to the jam comic Isaw (which also sported art by Carl, along with Marco and Arnold, poetry by Tobie, me and others, all edited by the lovely Nikki).

This year, if I've read the tea leaves right (and mind you, my mother's fortune telling skills didn't pass on to me), it going to be between Carl's Zsa Zsa Zaturnnah and Arnold's After Eden.

Angels versus Amazonistas. Epiphany versus epiphany. In just three weeks.

Make sure to get ringside seats.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home