Saturday, March 27, 2004

two down, and miles to go before i sleep

The one-act play is done. I woke up at 7am and started pounding away at the laptop, took a break for lunch, and completed, edited and formatted the 82-page thing by 3pm.

Earlier, I had to choose between two plays-in-progress, to determine which I would complete (the third, in Filipino, is a given). Remembering Buddha's comments about the first play of mine that he read, I decided to go for the one that would challenge me the most and construct it in the manner of a choreo-play.

In a way it was like wearing old shoes. A bit of initial discomfort, but then the cadence sets in and the rhythm carries you through the steps. I barely felt the hours pass by - I was hopping and skipping and jumping until it was time to edit.

I think that I have been spoiled by my own advocacy of guerilla writing. Because I knew I could always sneak in a thousand words or so once in a while, I neglected the discipline of actually setting aside time to write. Well, in the past 36 hours, I have a story and a play and I don't feel exhausted or stir crazy. I think I will institute one weekend a month wherein I lock myself somewhere and make myself write.

Tonight, I tackle the Filipino play.

We'll see what happens.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home