Thursday, May 19, 2005

antho # 3

Just a quick note because I can barely contain my writerly (there's that word again) joy.

I've been invited to be part of an new fiction anthology being put together by a multiple Palanca Award-winning author I admire a lot. If my stories make it, this will be the third antho I'll be published in this year (after Rabid Transit: Menagerie and Latitude: Writing from the Philippines and Scotland).

More when it's perfectly fine to blabber about it.

---
Update: Angelo relieved me of my misery by pointing out that "writerly", one of my favorite words, is in fact a word, as proven by two sources - Merriam-Webster and Dictionary.com. (I feel particularly betrayed by M-W.com - gah.)

Pronunciation: 'rI-t&r-lE
Function: adjective
: of, relating to, or typical of a writer

adj. Of, relating to, characteristic of, or befitting a writer: "set a standard of writerly craft for that...well-wrought magazine"
(Newsweek).

So thank you, thank you, Angelo. I can rest easy now.

Oh, and to add insult to injury, I forgot that I could just double click on any word in my blog posts and a definition will pop up. Try it. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home