Tuesday, May 03, 2005

heroes on my mind

the movie i'd pay to see
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
"Miracleman: Olympus" would rock my world. Sadly, this is not the case, but one can dream. This? This is from a set of digitally-treated photos using the new Superman guy.

It's sad that I have little enthusiasm for the final Star Wars movie (the thought that Jar Jar Binks is there is profoundly depressing), but frankly I'm a tad more excited about "Batman Begins". I'd like to see how they visualized the dark and brooding atmosphere of the Year One era - as opposed to the sad but vibrant pop technicolor bonanza that characterized the nippled armor of the last Batflicks.

the comic book i want next year
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Omega The Unknown was an experimental title conceived and written by Steve Gerber & Mary Skrenes, which ran for ten issues in 1976/77. It centered on two mysteries: The first was Omega, a powerful, mute hero who escapes from a war-torn world in a stolen spacecraft and comes to Earth. The second mystery was James-Michael Starling, a twelve-year-old genius, plagued by nightmares about Omega and who feels the pain when the hero is injured. It was also the first comic book I ever owned (yeah, no Superman or Batman or Legion for me - it was this guy).

The thing is, Jonathan Lethem, the author of the novel The Fortress of Solitude as well as a number of good short stories, is actually penning a new Omega comic book for Marvel next year. I like the notion of a literary author writing a comic book - so sue me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home