Tuesday, April 26, 2005

the waiting game

There, all done, packaged and submitted.

Let's see what happens.

It's always the waiting that drives me crazy, so I've learned to just forget about it.

This is how I deal with my fiction subs abroad - just package, submit and forget. Although, really, I am still very much aware of when I submitted and how long it is taking for an editor to reply, I do my best to pretend it's no big deal.

I really have no issue with letters of rejection. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I actually have a small collection of them - signed by Dozois, Datlow, McCarthy, etc. I just wish people could just say "No thanks" in a speedy way. But that's the way the ball bounces.

Anyway, having the bulk of my important writing for the first third of the year accomplished leaves me time to concentrate on new stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home