Thursday, May 04, 2006

spec fic meets chick lit

Just got back from my meeting with author Tara FT Sering and I'm excited about the future. I can't reveal what we have up our sleeves but if all goes according to plan it should be something to talk about.

I delighted at the ease at which we hit it off. The biggest commonality between us as writers is our strong sense of advocacy. It's refreshing, I tell you, to meet someone who has a literary agenda similar to mine. So when we put our heads together... ah, but that is for another time.

I couldn't help but jibe her about two things though, which she took with much laughter: first, her controversial National Book Award (remember the polarizing ruckus of that time, with Carla Pacis appalled that Tara's book won in the Young Adult category?); and second, the fact that Fully Booked's signage for her genre reads "Chic Lit" (which implies that all of it, really, is uber-hip and classy LOL).

Meeting Tara was the necessary jolt I needed, and suddenly I have something I want to sink my teeth into - and for that I thank our common friend Apol Lejano-Massebieau, for introducing us - all the way from France.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home