Wednesday, July 04, 2007

live, dammit, live!

In the middle of Elliot Yamin's new song, my iPod Video froze, which caused me to panic. Nothing I could do could make it play. It was stuck there, seemingly forever.

But thanks to the wonder of the internet, I found how to reset it, which I will share just in case something like this happens to you.

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

I had to strip off the black devil sheathe Nikki gave for my iPod (she has a matching white angel one for her nano) and place it on a flat surface to make the reset work. Make sure that you use two fingers - one for the center button, and one for the menu (and make sure you press towards the outside of the menu button).

It seems to the season for iPod breakdowns. Nikki's was in the shop for a week, and Andrew needed a new battery.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home