Monday, March 17, 2008

an invitation

I just got invited by an editor in the US to be part of an antho being put together- news that made me smile on a horrendously busy Monday morning (busy because this being Holy Week, we only have three working days to execute a ton of taks for various clients). I'll wait for a go signal before posting any more details about this, but just wanted to share the happy news (yes, for writers like me who don't get published much outside of the country, this is a big thing).

The deadline seems tight (though not confirmed yet) so I have to really hunker down and write a new story soon (curse you, depleted inventory!). But the wonderful thing, if everything works out, is that I'll have a couple of stories out in the US market soonish (this one, plus my story in Exotic Gothic II).

I'm always happy to be in anthos - and honestly, one of the big reasons is seeing my story alongside those by authors I admire. It's a surreal fan-boy/reader thrill, almost like I can't believe it to true. In the first antho I was in (Year's Best Fantasy & Horror), it was Ursula Le Guin, Stephen King, Kelly Link, Paolo Bacigalupi and Neil Gaiman. In Rabid Transit: Menagerie, it was Rudi Dornemann and Vandana Singh. In the upcoming Exotic Gothic II, it's Nicholas Royle, Nancy Collins and Terry Dowling. And in this new one, there those writers that I look up to.

Now, of course, there is the matter of writing my story...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home