Thursday, October 17, 2002

more sex

I was talking to a friend about my reaction to the Patricia Javier thing (see post below). I was trying to explain how the entire notion of sex-as-coin annoyed me.

Him: "Well that's easy for you to say."

Me: "What do you mean?"

Him: "You're married so you don't have to worry about getting some."

Me: "What?"

Him: "Single men are a big target market for beer, and they're a horny bunch, so what's wrong with giving them a little hotsie to fantasize over?"

Me: "But the nature of a TV commercial is that its indiscriminate! We married men are targets too! We drink beer too! But that's not the point, is it?

Him: "All I'm saying is that it's just an ad."

Me: "Just an ad.

Him: "Besides, she didn't really show anything. People like you overreact. Think, if you were single, wouldn't you just love this ad?"

Me: "You maniac."

Him: "You got that right."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home