Tuesday, March 18, 2003

my sentiment on the US' 48-hour war ultimatum

"Oh! if instead of being a hell this universe had been but an immense celestial anus - behold the gesture I make, hard by my lower abdomen: yes, I would have plunged my prick through its blood-stained sphincter, smashing the very walls of its pelvis with my impetuous movements!" - from Maldoror, by the Comte de Lautreamont

Couldn't have said it better myself (contextualized, of course). In a gesture of denial of the horror unfolding, I was delightfully informed by the Village Voice that "using exclamation points in the late 1800s, when Maldoror was written, could get you 30 lashes with a length of braided goat hair. Punctuation mark of the devil, they called it."

There you go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home