Monday, May 31, 2004

spoofing & identity theft

Argh! This viral theft hsa really gotten out of hand. One of my email addresses apparently has been given to a thousand databases, and as a result I am getting unsoliticed email by the busload.

I didn't sign-up for these things, I didn't join these groups, I didn't ask for these updates - it's just so annoying.

What is the solution? To delete or change my email address? To unsubscribe to each and every email that arrives (but wouldn't that alert the sender that the email is valid?)? I need to go to war but don't know where to fight. Gah.

In addition, the same email address has been used to send other people nasty stuff.

If I change addresses, won't the same thing happen again?

Feh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home