Tuesday, July 20, 2004

whirling dervish

Sometimes, despite my use of scheduling software, things unexpectedly occur and wreak havoc with a planned day.
 
Today, for instance, not ten seconds after I arrive at the office, I am greeted by a pair of crises that evoked the blood rage in me.  Argh.
 
I entertained the notion of a bloodly silenced world for all of a moment before reverting to human form and finding solutions for the challenges. 
 
It's all about attitude and mental states.  Often, we cannot control the circumstances around us, but we can certainly control how we respond.  Blood rage, for example, while "feel good" is not particularly helpful (look at poor Bruce Banner).  Better to accept certain new parameters and limitations, find creative ways to compensate or deliver, and poke fun at the absurdity of existence.
 
So, my schedule may be in disarray, but the problems are dealt with with lovely results.  I even used the word "putsch" (which oddly is the word of the day from www.m-w.com).  And discovered Milo Ice Dream at the nearby Mini Stop.
 
Now, of course, all the adrenaline has to go somewhere...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home