Sunday, November 07, 2004

that's incredible

Tonight, the gang watched The Incredibles and everyone agreed that it is one of, if not the best, movies of the year (I'm still keeping my options open for the inevitable tide of Oscar wanna-bes plus the art films that are coming out these two final months of 2004 - one can always hope for a Merchant Ivory thingie, right?).

10,000 and going


In Salamanca news, I'm happy to say that with this morning's installment, I've broken the 10,000 word barrier, making this effort the longest piece of continuous prose I've ever written in my life.

Thanks to everyone who has been dropping by the novel's blog and encouraging me with kind words, and to all who have linked to the site and recommended it to others. In a way, I like the pressure of being on performance mode all the time (I can't believe I just said that).

I'm nearing the end of the first major section of the novel, "Gaudencio & Jacinta", and have been playing around with time and authorial perspective. Much of this section is set in the Palawan of the early 1950's, though the narrator's personal story is firmly rooted in 1995.

Read Salamanca.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home