Wednesday, April 05, 2006

i give in to sin

Image hosting by Photobucket
After much hemming and hawing, I finally took the plunge and ordered the camera I've wanted since December last year from Amazon - the Canon Digital Rebel XT 8MP Digital SLR.

For a long time, I was okay with what Nikki calls "happy-for-fun" digital cameras. But after a while, I seriously hankered for an SLR. The Canon line of Prosumer (midway between professional and consumer) cameras are amazing - and fit the bill. After consulting with my photog friends (and ensuring that once I get the camera wither Pierre or Jo Avila will teach me actually how to do more than point and click), I coordinated with Jamie (in the US right now) to bring what I ordered back home.

And so, if all goes well, I'll have a camera by the end of next week, and can at last take better pictures of my little girl as she moves around like a whirling dervish (try taking pictures of movement with a "happy-for-fun" camera and you'll either get a blur or miss the action completely).

This also marks a stunning change in my attitude towards purchasing things online. I've been a luddite about it for many years, afraid of giving credit card info, uncertain of delivery and order fulfillment and generally suspicious of the entire process. But after much agonizing, I decided to hell with it, ordered some books I wanted the other day, and the cameras today. If something happens, it happens (so Filipino of me, I know - bahala na) - but I could not continue to exist in this state of perpetual fear of online purchasing.

So here's to the power of online retailers!

(But wait! How about the iPod? Gah. Wala nang budget, hanggang tingin nalang muna.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home