Wednesday, March 28, 2007

personal writing updates

So far, so good.

A couple of my stories are slated for publication here and abroad in the near future (details when the time is closer): "In The Dim Plane" and "Into the Morning".

Also, I think "An Excerpt from 'Princes of the Sultanate' (Ghazali: 1902); Annotated by Omar Jamad Maududi, MLS, HOL, JMS." has been accepted by the publication I sent it to but I'm not 100% sure, so we'll call it a strongish maybe.

I'm keeping my toes and fingers crossed that the US publication will accept the other story I sent over, but it's too early to tell.

And I may have something coming up in the Philippines Free Press, my sad sad attempt at science fiction.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Speaking of which, the Philippines Free Press Literary Awards will be held on April 10, 2007 at the Mandarin Hotel. Last year, the LitCritters came over to celebrate with the winners and this year we'll be there again. Because something interesting might happen. We'll see.

**Update**

My story "Six from Downtown" is a finalist for the Free Press Awards. When I got the message yesterday, I wasn't 100% certain so I waited until I got a second confirmation this morning. I'm still a bit stunned and quite delighted. I wrote the story while I was at Dumaguete last year, mostly in my hotel room while I was stranded by an unseasonal storm. I used elements of horror and domestic realism with a smidgen of fantasy. I don't know who the judges are this year but I'm thankful to be shortlisted in the first place. As for actually winning, well, bahala na si Batman.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home