Tuesday, July 10, 2007

new to the bookshelf

The new pride of my collection is a beautiful hardcover I received from my friend Anna, of her own collection of short fiction. I've always felt a kinship with her, ever since our stories appeared in Strange Horizons practically back to back (Klockwerk's Heart and L'Aquilone), which is how I first read her fiction (it's funny and kind of strange, I know). She continues to be a wonderful source of encouragement to me.


Monterra's Deliciosa & Other Tales & by Anna Tambour

And again, despite economic woes and budgetary constraints, Nikki and I have been adding to the bookshelves. Most recently, there have been wonderful books at A Different Bookstore and the gargantuan Fully Booked flagship store over at Bonifacio High Street (enough of a Borders experience to justify it as a destination all by itself).

9Tail Fox by Jon Courtenay Grimwood
Flora Segunda: Being the Magickal Mishaps of a Girl of Spirit, Her Glass-Gazing Sidekick, Two Ominous Butlers (One Blue), a House with Eleven Thousand Rooms, and a Red Dog by Ysabeau S. Wilce
The Return of the Black Widowers by Isaac Asimov (I loved this so much I finished it almost overnight)
Sir Thursday by Garth Nix (and we spotted Lady Friday in hardcover but Nikki, as usual, elected to wait for the softcover - I was willing to bleed just a little more)
Wizards: Magical Tales From the Masters of Modern Fantasy edited by Jack Dann and Gardner Dozois (new stories by Ford, Gaiman, Nix, Yolen, Baker, McKillip, Hand, Wolfe and more - impossible to resist)
Moral Disorder: And Other Stories by Margaret Atwood
The Night Watch by Sergei Lukyanenko (also spotted Day Watch and Twilight Watch, but I'm not convinced)
Birthday Stories: Selected and Introduced by Haruki Murakami by Haruki Murakami (though what Nikki showed me but which I decided not to buy, and ultimately regret not doing so, is Rashomon and Seventeen Other Stories by Ryunosuke Akutagawa, Haruki Murakami, and Jay Rubin - if it's still there next time, it's mine)
The Tenth Power by Kate Constable (Book 3 of Chanters Of Tremaris)
The Blood Knight by Greg Keyes (finishing up the Kingdom of Thorn and Bone series we picked up the last time we were in the US)
In Pursuit of the Green Lion by Judith Merkle Riley

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home