Friday, July 04, 2003

listen...i can hear the wheel turning...

It was with stunned delight that Marc and I greeted the news that the big clothing brand we made a huge push for signed our proposal. This wonderful news would have been impossible without the help of the true stars of Kestrel IMC - our staff, especially Carl and Bok , whose designs were simply sublime.

This is Kestrel IMC's first client and both the opportunity to create and the financial gain are pure sugar rush. I had been having difficulty sleeping for the past few weeks, waiting for the outcome of our three biggest pitches. I'm just so happy that the first is already won.

I hope we win the two others (yeah, yeah, I know that hope is cruel, but really, at the end of the day what else do you have?).

I pitched for the second one this afternoon, taking over an hour to blah blah over all the materials, ideas and rationales. At the end of it all, I fielded questions ranging from the expected to the bizarre, but I think I passed with flying colors. All that remains to be seen is how the other agencies fare (we are in the minority because the big agencies are in the game as well).

I swore that I'd never put my company up against these giants, not on their turf (tri-media), but it is a different thing altogether when they come thumping down our little street.

It means conflict and we'll see if there was any truth to the David vs. Goliath story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home