Friday, October 18, 2002

stuck in makati

Just as my meeting with a new insurance client in Makati ended, the skies broke with a sudden rain. This downpour was a real gusher and soon, to my dismay, all traffic slowed down to a snail's pace.

Feh. I really hate being trapped in slow-moving traffic with nothing better to do than play with my cell phone. I tried to be constructive and critiqued every billboard ad I saw (and majority were so poorly done it made me wonder how they were approved in the first place), but after a while sheer ennui just set in.

Traffic in Manila forces people to just slow down from their daily rush-rush. Normally, that would be...nice, because you get to think, etc.

But it can also go the other way, and the boredom combines with irrational rage at being trapped, and all the thoughts that run through your head are unsavory ones involving much pain inflicted on other stranded motorists and the Philippine government.

When the main road that travels through your capital city is congested with little hope of relief, you just want to hit somebody.

So much for constructive thinking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home