Friday, July 21, 2006

story + new books

publication

My short story, "How Rosang Taba Won A Race", appears in this Saturday's issue of Philippines Free Press. I'm happy that it finally sees print.

new to our bookshelf

The latest novel I read (in the span of around 36 hours) was The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger - a fun, light read with a disappointing end. Now I can watch the film with Meryl Streep.

Other new books:

City of Falling Angels by John Berendt (because we loved Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil)

Castle in the Air by Diana Wynne Jones (because we loved Howl's Moving Castle)

Looking for Jake and other stories by China Mieville (because I really prefer his short fiction to his dense novels)

Outsiders ed. by Nancy Holder & Nancy Kilpatrick (necause I bought this horror antho on impulse)

Past Poisons ed. by Maxim Jakubowski (because I'm writing an alternate history thing and wish to see how it's done)

Hindu Mythology by WJ Wilkins (because we love Garuda)

All the Names by Jose Saramago (because I like to inflict literary pain on myself, wading through his mindblowing writing)

Soft by F. Paul Wilson (because I like small, single author collections)

In the Forest of Forgetting by Theodora Goss (because we love everything we've read of hers - "Pip and the Faeries", most recently, which is part of this collection)

Castle Waiting by Linda Medley (because once in a while I say "to hell with the budget")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home