Monday, April 02, 2007

story in story

Over the weekend, I got word from the publisher of Story Philippines that they are buying my story "An Excerpt from 'Princes of the Sultanate' (Ghazali: 1902); Annotated by Omar Jamad Maududi, MLS, HOL, JMS." They've slated it for later in the year as they wrestle with the formatting my story requires (95% of the story is in the footnotes), along with a couple of authors I'm delighted to be published alongside with.

I'm generally happy with Story Philippines, though certain story selections sometimes make me shake my head - but that could be attributed to taste and preference. All in all, it's a healthy and spec fic-friendly market. I hope to see more issues released this year. Both Nikki and I have had stories published there earlier ("Doe Eyes" and "The Maiden and the Crocodile").

Meanwhile, the junior version of Story Philippines is looking for short stories for children (ages nine to twelve), written in English, 3000 words and below, about anything under the sun as long as it's unique, interesting and rated PG. Original and unpublished submissions should be emailed to storyjunior@gmail.com before April 30, 2007.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home